Tuesday 24 April 2007

You take a leap and ....


This morning I read a blog about the writer's spiritual journey and it reminded me that I have been frozen or suspended in mine since I stopped being a Warden of an historical Meeting House in the south of England. I wrote my "map" in my Books and Reading Blog. After reflection I decided to start a Quaker blog as a way of connecting with the wider Quaker community. If refreshed here then I could re-engage with the local community.

But how? Searching London (oops Britain)Yearly meeting offer no links to the WWQ community but a goggle got me a link with ROBIN M whose pages lead me to various other sites. Then to QuakerQuaker.org and the realisation that I now had a "Meeting" to explore. Ironically 2-3 weeks ago I had no knowledge about Blogs or live feeds and now have key feeds set up and 2 blogs. Its too early to say where the interesting conversations will lead and who I will have them with. But I can and I will.

5 comments:

Alice Y. said...

You know the Yearly Meeting in Britain's changed its name, do you? It stopped being "London Yearly Meeting" when I was a kid. It's called "Britain Yearly Meeting" now: there is even a group of bloggers working together to report about proceedings at this coming YM in London next weekend.

I used to have a blog but unfortunately it's gone now: the hosting died and I'm too busy with finishing my PhD to revive it just at the moment.

John (@bookdreamer) said...

Oops, thanks that was me being hazy and not checking as I have been to yearly meeting so should know better! Very interested in the post re YM bloggers so will look up and say hello as I was wondering where the UK network was such as QuakerQuaker.org was.

jez said...

hullo!

thanks for posting on the BYM blog.

there are indeed a few british quaker bloggers about and with a bit of luck we'll smoke a few more out at Britain Yearly Meeting, in London...

in friendship,

j

Martin Kelley said...

Hi Tentative Quaker,
Good to see your blog, glad you've found the Quaker blogosphere and that it's giving you a sense of home. Cool! I do hope QQ will have ever more active British participation and I'm happy to see that UK Quaker blogging seems to be getting a big burst of energy now!
In Friendship,
Martin Kelley @ Quaker Ranter & QuakerQuaker

Cat C-B (and/or Peter B) said...

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Friend. :) Welcome to the Quaker conversation in the blogosphere...

FWIW, you have listeners already, as well as a large and diverse online community. No, it's not the same as a tie to a local meeting... but, for me, at least, it's a wonderful tool for finding depth in that "real-world" practice...